Wednesday, August 7, 2013

North Platte

Our things got packed on July 18th and loaded the 19th. It was very nice not having to pack and load everything ourselves. We officially moved to North Platte on Wednesday, July 24th. We spent Saturday July 20th with family at my cousin Amaya's birthday party and said our goodbyes before moving. It was an extremely hard day for me; I cried like a baby all night long. Saying bye to my nieces about killed me! I will miss seeing them whenever I want and most of all I will miss them running to me and giving me big hugs. I will miss my best friend and sister Desirae and Derek and his family. Thankfully I got to see Des and the girls on the 23rd one more time. On July 21st we went to sacrament with Jen and Jake and the kids and after sacrament we took 4 of the kids with us to meet Caleb, Sarah, Mandy and Clint and their kids. We had dutch oven chicken and potatoes and later cobbler. It was good to catch up with everyone. On the 22nd we went with Jen and the kids to eat at crown burger for Shane's birthday. The 23rd (Shane's b-day) we drove back home to finish cleaning and packing up the last of our things. We stayed at my parents that night and started our journey to NE on the 24th at 6:30a.m. It was a long drive and we had 9 dogs in the Tahoe with us (our female had 7 pups a week previous) so we had to stop so they could run for a little while.  I was excited to get here and that night it hit hard again that this is now home and I needed to get used to it. I cried a lot that night too. On the 25th the truck arrived and 4 men brought all our things in our rental house and we started the unloading process. On Friday the 26th my mom and dad came to help us out and see the area. They were here for 6 days and we had a lot of fun. We went to Lake Maloney, Lake Ogallala/McConaughy, the golden spike, the fair and looked around the area. They left on Thursday August 1st at 6:45 a.m. It was one of the hardest days for me. I cried all day while Shane was at work. It was so much different without them here and I hated being by myself in a new place. I am so thankful for them and for all they do for me. I miss them so much!

PhotoPhotoPhotoPhotoPhoto

No comments:

Post a Comment