Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy Day!

On Aug 13, 2012, our little foster baby went home. Shane and I were so heartbroken and wanted him back more than anything. We wondered if we would ever be able to see him again. We wondered if he would even remember us if we ever did see him. A couple months passed by and we kind of lost hope of ever getting to see the little guy again. On November 5, 2012 I got a text at work asking how I was. I replied and asked who it was texting me. It was the little guys mom. I was shocked and excited at the same time. We set up a time to meet the following day, on November 6, at the mall so he could play on the toys there. Shane and I were so excited and nervous. We got to the mall and waited for them to get there. I wanted to run over and kiss his little face, but I didn't know how his parents would react. Shane and I crouched down so we were at his level and started talking to him. He just looked at us and smiled like he was trying to figure us out. We started playing with him like we did in our home and he starting laughing and running around. It was so good to hear his laugh, we had missed it so much. I thought he would forget about us and just want his mom and dad, but it was almost the opposite. We played for about an hour and decided we better get heading home so we could vote before 8:00. His mom let me carry him out to the car, which I was so thankful for. When we got to their car he reached for Shane, so I handed him to Shane. He gave Shane a big hug and just laid on his shoulder for a min. Shane handed him to me and I gave him to his mom to load him in his car seat. He started to cry and reach for Shane and I. It took all I had to say goodbye and walk to my car. I wanted to reach out to his little arms and hold him tight and never let go, but I knew I couldn't. It broke my heart, but warmed it at the same time, he remembered us and still wanted us as much as we did him. I will always love that little boy like he is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment