Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Thanksgiving/ 4 Mo

4 months old Axel is still struggling with reflux and colic which breaks my heart; I hate to see my baby in pain and cry for long periods of time. Thankfully the omeprazole and gripe water help him. At his 4 mo checkup he was 12 lbs, 6 oz and 23 in long. He is in 3-6 and  6 month clothes and size 2 diapers. He is starting to love one of his blankies from grandma Call and enjoys being cuddled and rocked. He enjoys being in his swing and sleeps in it throughout the day. We have him sleeping in a carseat due to his reflux and that seems to help at night. He is still sleeping in our room next to our bed; daddy would like him in his own room, but I'm not ready for him to move yet. It's comforting to me to be able to reach over and pat him back to sleep or give him his binkie and know he is breathing and doing ok. He is starting to show his little personality as well and will open his mouth to give me kisses. 

2 Days after his checkup we watched Dez and Mikes girls for 10 days while they went on vacation with my parents. I soon realized it was A LOT of work having 3 kids to take care of and Axel was the easy one. It's a good thing I love those girls so much! It was a little crazy and chaotic and sometimes stressful, but it was also fun. The girls loved helping with Axel and Brie loved to hold him. Rae struggled a little bit not being the baby and kept wanting me to hold her.

For Thanksgiving this year we went to Utah to spend it with Shane's side. We had fun being with family and we ate a lot! Axel on the other hand was not having too much fun. I don't know if he wasn't feeling well or if there were too many people and he was having some anxiety, but he was super fussy and just wanted to be held by mom and dad. That night Shane and his dad gave him a blessing to try and help him feel better and soon after that he calmed down a little. On black Friday I went out shopping with Jen and that was fun to get away for a little while.





No comments:

Post a Comment